The Ruth Cheatham Foundation Scholarship Program is designed to provide funding to cancer patients and cancer survivors who want to continue their education through an accredited undergraduate school, trade school or graduate school. Scholarships will be awarded to applicants based on financial need and personal hardship.
The application submission for the 2018-2019 school year is closed.
1. Be a Texas Resident.
2. Be a cancer survivor or currently receiving cancer treatment.
3. Be between the ages of 18-24 (an exception will be made if you are age 17 and entering college in the fall, following application).
4. Be enrolled in or accepted for enrollment in an accredited undergraduate, trade school, or graduate school.
5. Submit a copy of the acceptance letter from the college or university of choice. (Pending acceptance of enrollment is allowed. Please update information when received.)
6. Submit two Letters of Recommendation.
7. Submit a Confirmation of Diagnosis Letter from applicant’s attending physician. (Medical information will be kept confidential and will only be reviewed for application consideration.)
8. Submit an essay regarding applicants overall experience with cancer.
9. Complete the scholarship application including a signature by stated scholarship deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
10. Submit a signed release form.
Selection Process and Awards:
Applicants will be evaluated based on application essays, financial need, overall cancer survivorship experience, commitment to education, and quality of recommendations. Applications are reviewed and evaluated by The Ruth Cheatham Foundation Scholarship Committee. Scholarships are awarded on an objective and nondiscriminatory basis. The Ruth Cheatham Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic origin, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, veteran's status, or disability.
- The Ruth Cheatham Foundation is not responsible for applications that are lost, misplaced, or delayed through the mail.
The application is confidential and becomes the property of The Ruth Cheatham Foundation.